Every once in a while all household items need a clean. Below are some proven suggestions on how to achieve great results.
- Be sure to remove the fabric slats first before commencing cleaning. You don’t want to accidentally damage any components in the track. Usually they simply hook off the track.
- Once fabric slats are removed, don’t forget to wipe down the track as the aluminium rails can collect dust as well. Avoid the insides of the track as they usually contain some kind of lubrication.
- Lay each slat individually. Be careful not to crease or fold them. A large flat surface works best for this.
- Using a microfibre cloth, wipe down each slat individually from top to bottom. A little bit of dampness in the cloth is okay, just as long as its not fully drenched.
- For harsher areas consider scrubbing gently with a clean sponge.
- Make sure you rehang properly for them to dry out completely.
Special Points to Note
- Avoid putting the fabric slats into the washing machine, unless you really want to damage them.
- On certain fabrics, diluted white vinegar has shows impressive results.
- The fastest way to clean blinds is with a feather duster
- Do not use steam cleaners
- There is a trick with bath tub washing, but it takes significant care to not crease the fabric. Sometimes laying individually slats in a luke warm bath may revive the fabric colour.
- Do not vacuum the slats (even with special attachments)
- If something breaks, vertical blinds are easy to replace.