Image Source – https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Takeawa
Kratom, a naturally occurring product from the Southeast Asian trees called Mitragyna Speciosa, has been utilized in Eastern medicine for centuries. Helping to treat health ailments such anxiety and pain, as well as improve sleep, productivity, and even mood, Kratom comes highly recommended amongst those dedicated to the art of nutraceuticals, oils, and botanicals
That said, it is important to understand what Kratom is and how to properly use it in order to reap the benefits that so many people have experienced while using Kratom.
That’s why today we are going to take a quick look at what Kratom is and outline for you the best ways to take it so that you too can become a user of this naturally occurring medicine.
A Quick Look: What is Kratom?
Image Source – https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:ThorPorre
Kratom is a product deriving from the leaves of Mitragyna Speciosa trees of countries such as Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Borneo. It comes from the same family as the coffee tree, and when used in proper doses, serves as an herbal drug.
People using Kratom do so for a variety of reasons. For example, some use higher doses as a way to lower their energies, much like a sedative might. Others take lower doses as an energy booster. Additionally, people have been known to take Kratom as a form of recreational drug, painkiller, and even as a way to treat opiate addictions.
No matter the reason for taking Kratom, users claim that they would not be able to enjoy the same quality of life without it, making this herbal drug both powerful and effective.
What are the Different Forms of Kratom?
Kratom comes in many forms depending on where you purchase it. For example, we offer Kratom in capsule, extract, powder, and resin form.
- Kratom Capsules. This is probably the most effective way to take Kratom, as it comes in pill form and is swallowed. Filled with 100% Kratom, you can rest assured there are no fillers, binders, or additional products infused into our capsules.
- Kratom Extract. Our Kratom extract is very concentrated (measuring in at a ratio of 3x that of our powder) so a little goes a long way. This form is both water and alcohol soluble.
- Kratom Resin. Even more concentrated than the Kratom extract, Kratom resin is complimentary to regular Kratom powder. The difference here is that it is a hardened extract solution and the best way to work with it is to boil it in water and let it dissolve.
Lastly, we offer Kratom powder, which comes in many variations such as Red Maeng Da, Red Bali, Yellow Indo, and White Borneo.
How to Take Kratom
You can take Kratom in many ways, though the end result for all of them is ingestion. After all, that’s the only way the drug will take effect.
Check out some of the most common ways of taking Kratom:
Toss and Wash
The quickest and most effective way to take Kratom powder is the “toss and wash” method. Simply measure the desired dosage, place the powder in your mouth, and swallow. To make things a bit easier, you might consider adding a bit of liquid to your mouth before taking the powder.
The problem is, Kratom is known for being bitter so this method is not always desirable. In fact, many novice Kratom users have been known to become physically ill trying this method, even after washing it down with juice or water.
Mixing Kratom with Liquids
Rather than tossing and washing an undesirable powder, you always have the option of mixing your Kratom powder with a liquid.
- Citrus Juice. Citrus juices (such as pineapple or grapefruit) are known for being able to overpower the bitter taste of Kratom, making even the toss and wash method a possibility. In addition, the citrus speeds up the absorption of Kratom.
- Chocolate Milk. Many people swear that mixing Kratom with chocolate milk is delicious. Just make sure that the milk is cold, as hot milk can ruin the efficacy of Kratom.
- Protein Shakes. One unique way of ingesting Kratom, without having to deal with the aftertaste, is to mix it with your protein shake. This is especially useful if you are an avid gym goer and regularly drink protein shakes. Plus, the blending of the shake ensures that the powder is completely smooth and isn’t forming lumps in the liquid you now need to swallow.
- Coffee. Again, being careful not to denature the Kratom in hot water, you must be careful if you wish to mix your Kratom powder with your morning cup of joe. That said, if you allow the coffee to cool before adding the powder, and allow the powder to dissolve completely, you will be well on your way to ingesting your Kratom without the bad taste.
- Tea. You can mix Kratom powder with cooled hot tea (such as milk tea, herbal tea, and even chamomile tea) or even stir it into a chilled cup of iced tea as well. Adding a squeeze of lemon adds flavor and the citrus element help give you the best results.
Add Kratom to Yogurt
Since hiding the fact that Kratom tastes terrible is the goal, adding it to flavorful yogurt can be very helpful. It makes the bitter taste disappear and makes swallowing the powder easier.
The only downfall if that Kratom is supposed to be taken on an empty stomach for the full effects to take place. And, if you ingest it with a food such as yogurt, your desired effects may be delayed or even dulled, causing you to have to up the dosage.
In addition, you can mix Kratom in pudding, custard, applesauce, baked cookies or brownies, and more. But again, the element of food can reduce the effects and may not be worth it in the end.